Bafang BBSxx left sided thumb throttle

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Can only seem to find the Bafang BBSxx kits with a right handed thumb throttle included.
Do they manufacture a left sided thumb throttle with original plug and play connectors?

The reason I ask, is that I'll probably be using a BBS02 kit on a twist geared bike.
As the rear gears are controlled on the right side, the left twist selector is made redundant and can be removed, so it makes sense to have the thumb throttle on the left side.
I can imagine trying to change gears and utilitise the thumb throttle all on the right side could be a bit awkward.

pn_day

Pedelecer
Jul 26, 2013
St Andrews, Fife
Fine to put it on the left. The only handedness in the thumb throttle is the routing of the cables. You can tidy the cable routing up with some cable ties.

Of course you could also turn it round, but then you'd have to push the throttle in the other direction.

Reactions: KirstinS

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Mines on the left as wel.
No problem at all

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
you can flip the thumb throttle.
Most people fit the thumb throttle to the left to avoid clluttering the rear gear shifter.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Cheers peeps. Of course, what a muppet I am :oops:

I wrongly thought that the thumb throttle plastic bit stuck out to the right more, like in this picture:
Thumb throttle.jpg
Also, having only used twist throttles before, I had it in my head that thumb throttles were also manufactured side specific.
This forum is worth it's weight in gold lol

D

Deleted member 4366

Cheers peeps. Of course, what a muppet I am :oops:

I wrongly thought that the thumb throttle plastic bit stuck out to the right more, like in this picture:
You're not a muppet. If you flip the throttle, the lever will work backwards, so you have to push it forwards to go faster. You soon get used to it if it's your only bike.

You can cut off the plastic bend so thatthe cable goes straight out the back. Stick a bit of black silicone around the cable and then you have an ambidextrous one.

Reactions: atheo

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Fordulike don't be so hard on your self.