Bafang equivalent to the YTW-06

AviatorTrainman

Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2018
Arizona, USA
Hey all, I was looking around online for a hub motor with a similar size and weight to the YTW-06. I was looking for a motor that had similar specs, but could take a cassette and also freewheel between the reduction and the shell, instead of inside the rotor. I came across this article. It only has a few specs, but 1400 grams and 99mm diameter sound amazing! I looked more, and found a few other articles, but none had any more information than the first. I found a thread here, but it's old and I don't think you're supposed to bump those. Correct me if I'm wrong on that point, I'm still new here. In any case, does anybody have any more info on this motor? Did it really release in Q4 2017, or has it been held back/cancelled? If the former, does anybody know where to buy it? I also couldn't find it on the bafang website, which seems odd, given it should be front page new tech.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
There is a Bafang "special folder" motor for 120 mm dropouts on their site, haven't found anyone selling it.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
That one does look pretty close. It says 145 mm OLD though. Isn't that fatbike sizing? The description says that it is suitable for city bikes.
the fat bike motor (G06) has OLD 175mm.
Normal rear motors have drop out 135mm.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

AviatorTrainman

Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2018
Arizona, USA
So the g370.250.DC does seem like what I would want. I am willing to spread the dropouts a bit if it means a smaller motor and the ability to use a cassette. Does anybody know where it could be found for sale though? As soon as I get my hands on one, I'll do my best to help others considering the same motor by posting as many specs and measurements as I can.

AviatorTrainman

Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2018
Arizona, USA
Okay, so I can't find any direct retailers, but I found this and this. I'm worried the second one might be a scam, but they do have trade assurance and verified onsite operations. I'm not sure about the economics, but it might be cheaper to do a group buy on these to reach minimum order quantity. It depends mostly on shipping though, because I'm now in Arizona, USA, and I know that the rest of you are not. Ideas?

Advertisers