Bafang mid drive kit price

liamwoolley

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 26, 2013
Oslo
Hi all,
I tried a trek powerfly the other day and fell inlove but at 2,500 GBP is way out my range, have a perfectly good scott scale 70 and with this kit would cost a fraction of the trek, i know it would not be the same but at-least in my reach.

Im new to all of this but this solution look promising due to i get to keep my wheels, punctures are an easy fix and dont have to mess around with my octalink and PAS sensors, does any one have any comments on the kit? Can you bypass the cut offs so i can run my hydraulic brakes? I have found the 350w ranging from 650 USD on lectriccycles.com and 384.99USD on http://www.greenbikekit.com/. They look identical, is http://www.greenbikekit.com/ a trustworthy site? Regarding batteries does any one have a trustworthy source as again the prices range drastically for similar specs.

Any help much appreciated

liamwoolley

Sep 26, 2013
Oslo
I couldn't help but noticed you ordered the 350w mid drive... How are you finding it? Do they have any warranty? Couldn't find any info on their site.

D

Deleted member 4366

You can't compare prices until you add on the shipping cost, which varies a lot between different suppliers. You also have to think about the amount of duty you'll have to pay, which is normally £15 to £40 depending on what's declared on the paperwork.

Wooshbikes sell the 250w BBS01 in the UK for £330 including postage, and they can provide a battery too.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
liamwooley wants a 350W BBS01 - I think Woosh only stocks 250W.

danielt

Jun 10, 2012
Brighton
Not sure about warranty. But it's very well built. No instructions, but I downloaded the PDF from the woosh website.
It's very quiet. Happily goes 25mph on the flat (off road of course, officer) and 10-15 up moderate hills without pedalling

£28 vat bill from FedEx

Aushiker

Pedelecer
I have a Bafang 350w motor that I brought from Paul at EM3EV. Personally being able to deal with Paul (a Pom) and get technical support via email swung me over the other Chinese options. If I was in the US I would have gone with lectriccycles.com for the local support.

All going well I will get my first ride in tomorrow with the completed conversion.

Andrew

mclark999

Just Joined
Jun 24, 2014
I ordered a 750w BBS02 from tnabattery-ebike.com and received it in under 2 weeks. Including shipping, it was the best deal I found from a known vendor

D

Deleted member 4366

Well, now that you've got it, what are you going to do with it?