bafang mid drive thumb throttle

jules_wake

Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2015
I've set up a 350w mid drive and so far very impressed. I also installed a thumb throttle which is the ultimate in laziness, pushed my son on his bike up a steep hill overtaking all his mates who could not understand how I was not even peddling.

does the power level have any effect on how the throttle works or does it take full power whether you are on level 1 or 5?

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
And my understanding is the only difference between the 250 and 350 is a software tweak on them max amp draw

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I've set up a 350w mid drive and so far very impressed. I also installed a thumb throttle which is the ultimate in laziness, pushed my son on his bike up a steep hill overtaking all his mates who could not understand how I was not even peddling.

does the power level have any effect on how the throttle works or does it take full power whether you are on level 1 or 5?
Will depend on how yours has been programmed either from Bafang or whoever you purchased it from.

You need a programming cable and Bafang's software to look at the parameters though:

Throttle.jpg