Bafang mid drive

tommyh7

Pedelecer
May 5, 2020
Hi all i have a bafang mid drive motors i have tested the controller and the motor all working but back wheel is not moving battery has been tested as well the display switches on as normal no errors really stuck 8FUN BBSHD BBS03 48V 1000W Bafang Mid Drive checked the back wheel freeze up when pushing backwards if that helps

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Remove the chain from the chain wheel and check motor for rotation both ways, the rear wheel unlike a hub wheel won't have any restrictions to prevent it rotating unless there is a mechanical issue with the wheel hub, brakes or cassette.

tommyh7

Pedelecer
May 5, 2020
just took a video i am touching the pedals making it go round terrible sound coming from it here is the link
any held would be appreciated

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Remove the chain to confirm the rear wheel will rotate both ways first without motor power.
Certainly the noise isn't right but one thing at a a time.

tommyh7

Pedelecer
May 5, 2020
does anyone know repair service to fix my BBS03 48V 1000W Bafang Mid Drive near romford Essex

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
That sounds like a hall sensor problem. Check that the connector is in properly. They can get held off by the white silicone sealant they put on them.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
does anyone know repair service to fix my BBS03 48V 1000W Bafang Mid Drive near romford Essex
The hall sensor connector as vfr has mentioned can be an issue, on my BBS01 I had to remove the silicone from both parts of the connector. You need to gently undo/remove the controller to access the wiring.

If still no luck after trying that then Woosh bikes in Southend might help out.

tommyh7

Pedelecer
May 5, 2020
just took it apart removed the sealant on the hall sensor unplugged checked there were no bent pins slid in all the way then put all the wires back in still no luck same issue if you watch the video i posted the issue i think it is the nylon gear i heard this is a common fail as the peddals are not moving at all.this is my bafang can someone confirm i am on the right path thanks

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
When the nylon hear is stripped, the crank doesn't turn or it's jerky, normally. Another possibility is a faulty MOSFET. You'll have to test halls, MOSFETs and if nothing reveals itself, open the motor.