Bafang Programming Lead for BBS01, BBS02 and BBSHD

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I bought a new programming cable for the BBSxx series of kits, after my previous lead mysteriously croaked it.
Got it from Insat International's eBay shop, who are a respected company on this forum for electric bike stuff:

Bafang Programming Lead for BBS01, BBS02, BBS03/HD 1.5m cable

If you don't already know, this programming cable can be used to tweak the BBSxx's controller software.
Perfect for either improving performance of the system, or toning down the performance if the current programming is a bit too aggressive for your style of riding.
Pros
  • Good quality programming cable
  • Nice usable 1.5 metre length
  • Good price, £18.50 with free delivery at time of writing
  • Tailor program your BBSxx to suit style of riding and gearing
  • Easy to use with menu driven software
  • Works with Windows 10

Cons
  • The cable has a non genuine Higo connector on the controller connection end. You must ensure to line up the arrows before pushing the connectors together, to avoid bent connector pins
  • Only works with a PC or laptop (Not Mac). No android interface or app yet either.
  • Potential to make the BBSxx run worse if you tweak the wrong settings

IMHO, this cable is essential if you intend to run the BBSxx at it's full potential. Just be sure to fully read up on what each of the parameters do in the software, before changing settings.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I got mine from them as well, it arrived the next day and is ideal at 1.5mtrs. Works a treat with W10.

Reactions: Fordulike

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Most phones have a USB port, it is amazing that in 2016 there is no BBS app...

Just saying.