bargain tubeless airblast pump £34.99

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
Thanks for this soundwave. I have just put my order in. I have never had tubeless tyres as a couple of things were putting me off. One was the cost of these types of pumps (so that's now sorted).

The second thing that has prevented me from getting some is as follows.

A friend of mine has had some and took them off fairly quickly as he found the following problem.

He said they seemed to loose pressure very quickly when left for a couple of days. So unlike normal tyres he found he had to put air in his tyres before virtually every time he went out on his bike.

Have you found the same thing, and is this a common problem?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Reactions: Nev

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
good job i bought one as there going fast at that price and removes the hassle of seating tubeless tyres.:):)

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Thanks for this soundwave. I have just put my order in. I have never had tubeless tyres as a couple of things were putting me off. One was the cost of these types of pumps (so that's now sorted).

The second thing that has prevented me from getting some is as follows.

A friend of mine has had some and took them off fairly quickly as he found the following problem.

He said they seemed to loose pressure very quickly when left for a couple of days. So unlike normal tyres he found he had to put air in his tyres before virtually every time he went out on his bike.

Have you found the same thing, and is this a common problem?
When you have fitted an inflated your tubeless tyres then spray the rims with soapy water and check for bubbles that are appearing.
If there are any then that will point you to escaping air so then swill the liquid inside the tyre to seal the escape and make sure you pay attention to the valve.
One other tip is to only screw the valve in finger tight if you over tighten it it will distort the seal and cause an air leak.

Izzy

• Informative

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0209_02.JPG DSC_0210_02.JPG

got mine today to change valves just unscrew the silver bit and reverse its all metal as well ;)

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
Cheers SW, I have decided to give tubless a try. Like @Nev I have been put off in the past by the cost stuff like this.
So you pump up the tank part and remove the tyre valve inner, give it a blast to seat the tyre, then take the pump off and tyre will obviously go down. Will the tyre stay seated in place while you put the valve inner in and pump up as normal?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you need it to blast the tyre bead in to the rim slots but you only need to remove the valve core for loose fitting tyres. or add more rim tape.

you can do it without a air blast pump you just loose loads of sealant in the process.

so if you have to remove the valve core just then fill it with sealant replace the valve and pump up as normal.

once it is seated and filled with sealant all you need is a normal pump even if you remove part of the tyre to top up.

i just use one of these with a bit of pipe on the end 100mm
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100ml-200ml-Syringe-Tools-Reusable-Big-Large-Hydroponics-Nutrient-Measuring-Hot-/282997073280?var=&hash=item41e3f0a580

Last edited:

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
Mine arrived yesterday too, seem like very good value for money to me. Thanks for the HU on this SW.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
there only on offer till tomorrow i think so not long left at that price.;)

Related Articles

Advertisers