Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton

DynatechFan

Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2017
t'North
I have put stuff in here in the past:
http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/forums/manufacturer-dealer-promotions-and-offers.13/

Concur about the crab gloves, I commuted through last winter - and it was well below zero on many days - the gloves did a decent job. My thumbs got cold after 30 mins on the coldest days, but for a tenner well happy

Their neoprene show covers are okay too, they leak at the seam in heavy rain but are toasty warm

PlanetX have a habit of changing their prices all the time (like they dont really know what stuff is worth, or maybe they do the Amazon thing and up the price when they sell more). So I tend to watch items for a while before purchasing

A tenner for the gloves is very fair but I have seen them for much more on the site. Bought one of their wheel bags a while back for £17 and then it went down to £12 a few days later :( but its definitely worth more than £12. Their fairly decent Lumen8 HiViz jacket did me last winter too, but it varies between £60 today down to £30/£40 (forget how low the price has got previously sorry)

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
PlanetX have a habit of changing their prices all the time (like they dont really know what stuff is worth, or maybe they do the Amazon thing and up the price when they sell more).
Yea, its totally bizarre.
I'd love to know the actual thinking behind it. It might be a highly calculated tactic, designed to keep people looking at the site, spread FUD as to whether they should order that 'bargain' there and then, utilizing deep psychological insight, etc etc.
Or maybe Dave the owner is simply totally mad and its a case of his 'voices' telling him what should randomly go up or down in price that particular day :)

Regardless, they do have some great products and some awesome bargains. I spend FAR too much money with them! Seems their sales tactics do work!!

DynatechFan

Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2017
t'North
my pet theory is they run some web stats at the end of each week (poss Sunday night), the prices definitely seem to change on Mondays

IMO they need to be careful not to confuse sales with positive customer experiences - but then I would say that my business does user led design

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I also have a lumen8 jacket

It was either 31 or 33 quid in a Fibonacci sale. Usually more like 70 to 80

Right now Superstar components have 15 % of on all their stuff. Code 15OCT18

Really good quality , British machines gear

I have a set of their pedals which are the business but others rave about much of their products

https://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk