Basic Sans charger mods/adjustments.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
SInce #1 I have reduced charge voltage to 41v and although at first carried out a balance charge every couple of months which worked out about every 6th or 7th charge per battery as I alternate two batteries.
I haven't yet to balance the batteries to 42v this year and am not seeing any issues with cutting out or any unusual voltage sag.

WheezyRider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2020
I've just been pointed towards this interesting thread by Nealh. So far I've been charging to around 41.7/41.8V which is the standard output voltage of my Yose Power chargers (which I've just realised is SANS).

I've got this pack I've built, which I can test the individual bank voltages while in use. I plan to try charging to 41V and seeing if the banks go out of balance.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It is not for everyone as the battery can go a stray, one needs to understand the possible pitfalls should it go a bit pear shaped and have an understanding of how to notice or rectify a battery issue as they are not cheap to replace.
The forum is not just about Bosch or Mtb and which bike is best ( which there is no such thing), It is about a helpful interesting community with minds that sometimes think alike. The forum/ sub fora's are about progress, information and a playground for the buyers of OEM & tinkerer's

All the progress/tinkering threads are not for every one but those willing to try something a bit different must realise it is not a recommendation by any poster, it is about a technique or a slightly unusual process containing information that has been tried or is being used. Someone else might want to try or has been thinking/looking to try along the same lines, albeit on their heads if it doesn't work out.
No one wantonly posts dangerous techniques and those who do would be pulled up sharply by most on here.

Advertisers