Batavus zonar e-go

Ruben

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 6, 2020
Hi group, sorry to invade your group but I can't find anything about my bicycle,i live in Holland for all the cases,i have batavus zonar e-go and I would like to change my chainring to a bigger one, I move already the speed sensor to the outside and I install some magnets on the crank and I can go faster but I feel I pedal to fast when I drive at around 37km/h. I was at my local store and he told me I have 42t chainring already, I don't want drive 50km/h but I want pedal more comfortable at that speed. Also where I can buy all tools? Can I buy for cheaper, someone know something?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Reuben's bike has the Yamaha PW-series 250W mid motor and Shimano Deore 9 speed gears. Does anyone know if there's a larger chainwheel for it than the present 42 tooth or an option for a smaller top gear sprocket on the rear cassette?

Ruben

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 6, 2020
Reuben's bike has the Yamaha PW-series 250W mid motor and Shimano Deore 9 speed gears. Does anyone know if there's a larger chainwheel for it than the present 42 tooth or an option for a smaller top gear sprocket on the rear cassette?
Thanks so much for your help, my English is not so good. Thanks

Reactions: flecc

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If Ruben has a Deore 9spd Cassette then it will likely already have a 11t high gear.
There is a 44 and 48t chainring for the PW drive, the BCD is 104mm a std mtb BCD.

Reactions: flecc

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The 10sp will be a 11-36 or 11 -42, so gearing will have to be adjusted at the front with a higher count chain ring.