Batribike Trike 20 display issue

Hedgesteeper

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2016
somerset
I have a 2015 Trike 20 with a no go issue. It went intermittent after a ride in wet weather and then discovered that the handlebar mounted display unit had filled with water. Batribike weren't able to help but I wonder if anyone on here can?.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Need a new display likely.
Ebikes direct sell them so one could try them for spares other wise one will need to look for the controller box to find the maker. If the 3 sp display is an analogue display (non digital ) with only 4 wires then you might be able to use a generic 4 wire model.

Barring all and no luck then for about £75 - £100 a new controller and lcd from KT will give you better power control and a nicer ride experience with 5 power levels.

Last edited:

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
I have a 2015 Trike 20 with a no go issue. It went intermittent after a ride in wet weather and then discovered that the handlebar mounted display unit had filled with water. Batribike weren't able to help but I wonder if anyone on here can?.
What you should have done was to first remove the battery. Then open and dry out the display, sealing it up once dry.
Then, assuming the controller is in the display, replace battery and try out the bike.
If controller is not in the display, then open that up and get it dry as well before retrying to see if everything works.
A few days in a warm room will normally dry everything out, if opened up.
The above assumes you have no proper electrical knowledge.
regards
Andy