Batribike Trike 20

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
Last Christmas I bought a Batribike Trike 20 for my 84 year young wife, so far she has not ridden it because we have found out that its FWD will not travel up a lengthy pebblestone drive, in fact it’s wheel spins like hell. I thought about transferring the driven wheel to the rear where most of the weight is, but as I’m 81 too. I doubt my latent enthusiasm for doing the job.
To aid my non-mobility I’ve just bought two eFOLDi mobility scooters which are just fabulous but of course because they are also FWD they can’t traverse stoney ground especially where it slopes. This is not important with the eFOLDi’s because they are light (17Kg) and easily carried in the car and come into their own when traversing our lengthy hospital car parks.

Because my 100 yd driveway slopes away from the house the Trike 20 could go down the slope but not return.....
Any ideas that might resolve the prob would be appreciated.

Jim

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
I doubt that any front drive trike will go up a very steep pebble drive I have just finished a trike with a 28 inch 700c front drive this copes with brick pavers ok

Nearly all trikes are front drive due to the problem of rear drive and corners without a rear diff [ a major cost or a lot extra weight ] I built a mid drive it was ok below 10mph over that a handful

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Last Christmas I bought a Batribike Trike 20 for my 84 year young wife, so far she has not ridden it because we have found out that its FWD will not travel up a lengthy pebblestone drive, in fact it’s wheel spins like hell. I thought about transferring the driven wheel to the rear where most of the weight is, but as I’m 81 too. I doubt my latent enthusiasm for doing the job.
To aid my non-mobility I’ve just bought two eFOLDi mobility scooters which are just fabulous but of course because they are also FWD they can’t traverse stoney ground especially where it slopes. This is not important with the eFOLDi’s because they are light (17Kg) and easily carried in the car and come into their own when traversing our lengthy hospital car parks.

Because my 100 yd driveway slopes away from the house the Trike 20 could go down the slope but not return.....
Any ideas that might resolve the prob would be appreciated.

Jim
A knobbly tyre and a basket on the front with some weight in it will sort it out.