Battery Advice

overlander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2009
After my recent purchase voodoo bizango which will be my weekend toy it will sit monday to friday while i use my swytch bike daily.

My previous bike Trek FX+ lasted years but it was eventually battery abuse which killed it. I would not like to repeat this so my question regards charging.

After my last outing say sunday when i get home, is it best to leave the battery until friday night to charge it ? I know if its too low it would be advisable to charge it but if its sitting at + 50% should i just leave it as i heard sitting at 100% is bad ?

Thanks

overlander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2009
General advice is not to leave it for too long fully charged or completely empty.
Thanks vfr400, thats what i was thinking so will even partially charge it until the morning i need it.

overlander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2009
General advice is not to leave it for too long fully charged or completely empty.
I think it was about 2010 i bought the trek fx+ with bionx motor at the time it was a great bike but had a small battery. The bikes today have advanced in so many ways it definitely feels like the newer bikes are generations ahead. Thats until you take the battery into account the batteries really have not advanced too much. I know you get bigger capacities but that just adding more cells, hopefully due a leap in battery technology soon.