Battery Charger

Irene

Just Joined
May 23, 2019
Hello, my Kalkhoff Agattu battery charger needs to be replaced and apparently Kalkhoff cant supply them now , does anyone know where I could buy one. The charger , battery and bike are 7years old. Thanks

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Hello, my Kalkhoff Agattu battery charger needs to be replaced and apparently Kalkhoff cant supply them now , does anyone know where I could buy one. The charger , battery and bike are 7years old. Thanks
There are two possible paths, cheap or expensive!
Cheap is ebay.
You need to know:-
1) the nominal voltage of the battery
2) the exact type of connector. (You can even use the cable off the old charger, as an "adapter" to connect to the new one if something is incorrect, plug size or polarity, for example!)
3) the polarity of the connector
I would recommend, unless it is physically a huge battery with many cells, to stay with a 2 amp charger. It takes longer, but the battery is less stressed.
Learn to remove the charger completely when the battery indicates full. Or buy a simple and cheap timer, that is rewired to also turn itself off is a great help for anyone (who is as forgetful as I am!), as long as you know roughly how long a full charge takes....

Expensive, you need to know all the above, but the charger REALLY looks after the battery I am told! And even turns itself fully off (I am told, I have never had one that REALLY does that!).....
If I can help further, just ask,
Andy

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi Irene, is it one of the Panasonic unit powered Agattu models with five connection slots under the battery? If so your charger will look like this one:

If so Panasonic could supply you with one through one of their dealers. In the first instance you can contact Panasonic Europe E-bikes Systems on this link.

Then in the Select Category drop down list, select e-bike systems near the foot. Ignore Select Product, none to select, then enter your details and inquiry below and click Submit.

Hopefully they'd be able to help. These chargers are quite expensive, but I don't know how much now, only knowing the price years ago.

Also try ebay etc as Andy says. A number of those early e-bikes failed and rest at the back of garages etc., so there could be a few people around with an idle charger they could sell you cheaply.

P.S. Are you sure it's the charger that's faulty? If the battery is seven years old as you say, it may well have failed. Five years is usually about their limit.

Last edited:

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
If it’s the Kalkhoff Impulse charger rather than the Panasonic, I know someone who might have a unit (and a spare battery if desired).

Reactions: flecc