battery position advice

selrahc1992

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2014
Thanks for the insight. I dont fully understand what you were trying to explain but brittle and not like to be vibrated isnt what i want for holding on a 3.5kg battery!

The reason i cant rivnut is because the space for the battery in the central triangle of the frame is so tight. There is not enough room to be able to take the battery off of the battery holder that screws to the rivnuts. So there is no way of actually screwing it on. ...
one final (slightly intoxicated, Friday evening) thought - i don't have much of an eye for alignment and got the rivnuts out of line on my hydroformed frametube - now my battery is angled to one side by about 20%. it doesn't look good at all, but everything is still stuck tight after many fast potholed months. aesthetics aside, isn't there a way to rivnut the battery at an angle, perhaps on a vertical frame tube so that the forces of the vibration hit the battery vertically?

handbaked

Pedelecer
Feb 27, 2015
Unfortunately not. Take a look at the pics attached on the first post of the thread and you will see there is no room for such a vertical mount.

handbaked

Pedelecer
Feb 27, 2015
Well for now i have bought a cheap rear pannier rack. Will see how this works out once it arrives and i have my replacement battery.

Advertisers