Battery power switch issues - em3ev triangle battery

krzychoniusz

Pedelecer
Jul 22, 2018
London
Hi all, as in the subject line I recently started having issues with the power switch button on my 52V triangle battery from em3ev. The battery itself works fine, but the power button is playing up and I cannot switch the battery on or off. LEDs seem to be a bit dimmed too, not sure if that's related. So far the only work around I found is to connect the battery to a charger, which causes the battery to automatically switch on, so I can then disconnect it and put in my ebike. The alternative is to press the button a hundred times until it finally does its job.

Anyone experienced similar issues with these batteries and can suggest a workaround? I'm not much of DIY-er, but perhaps there's a relatively simple solution to this problem?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hard or soft case ?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The hard case I believe has a side panel that is screwed on so you should be able to access the switch to change it. Contact EM3EV first and see if they can pop a replacement switch in the post for you then solder/swap it over.

krzychoniusz

Pedelecer
Jul 22, 2018
London
Thanks. I got an email from Joseph at em3ev earlier today and was offered new switch or inspection by their technical consultant locally in London. Went for option two, so I trust they will be able to fix it.

Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I wonder who that might be in London. Maybe they have their own guy or an arrangement with someone Like Jimmy ?

krzychoniusz

Pedelecer
Jul 22, 2018
London
His name is David, slightly older guy, seemed very nice. Turned out the button would get stuck due to improper alignment (factory issue), it was fixed quickly and free of charge (under warranty). It still gets stuck every now and then, but is workable. David suggested to replace the button entirely, currently awaiting parts to be shipped from China and will have it done soon. Another great one from em3ev, thanks guys.