Battery problem solved

LithiumFan

Pedelecer
Jan 6, 2019
Herefordshire
This is a BIG THANK_YOU to all the contributors to many previous posts I have checked out following problems with my 3yr old 36V battery pack that just stopped and wouldn't charge. Some talked about connecting another battery pack into the flat battery discharge leads but that looked a bit frightening so I didn't fancy that. I opened it up and checked various voltages following instructions on numerous posts. About 29V so I reckoned that it had just gone below the sleep voltage and so the BMS was preventing charging. So how to reawaken. One post suggested unplugging the balance wires. I wasn't sure what they were but made a guess (based on more threads) that they were the 10 small wires going into a plug on the BMS. I unplugged it (with the pack not plugged into charger or bike) for a minute or so, re-connected and - HAY PRESTO - it now charges. I am now a very, very happy bunny.

So don't give up. This would have been a really expensive fix as the battery casing is none standard, the kit manufacturer has given up (Sunstar SO2) so I might have had to bin the lot!

Reactions: D C

Eagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2012
Fortune favours the brave! Your perseverance has paid off.
Well done.

Advertisers