Wisper Battery replacement

act

Just Joined
May 14, 2020
Hi All
I have a 2010 Wisper 705 SE which is still on its original battery but which is no longer holding a charge for more than a few miles.
A replacement Wisper battery is around £535, if you can get one, and that is worth more than the bike!
So I am looking to get the cells replaced in the existing casing and wondered if anybody out there has any experience of doing it and can recommend a reliable company.
Many Thanks

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Hi All
I have a 2010 Wisper 705 SE which is still on its original battery but which is no longer holding a charge for more than a few miles.
A replacement Wisper battery is around £535, if you can get one, and that is worth more than the bike!
So I am looking to get the cells replaced in the existing casing and wondered if anybody out there has any experience of doing it and can recommend a reliable company.
Many Thanks
May I suggest that you post your location if possible, as having it done locally for you, in the case of problems, you can speak with them directly.
Just a thought!
Andy

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Jimmy at ebikebatteries.co.uk.

Reactions: RoadieRoger

act

Just Joined
May 14, 2020
Thanks for the advice.
I will chase up ebikebatteries.
I am based between Bristol & Gloucester by the way
Allan

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I think for now Jimmy is playing it safe and not at work, I know he is in the high risk group when it comes to Covid 19 with age and underlying health issues.

P.s It appears Jimmy is back at work.

Last edited:

act

Just Joined
May 14, 2020
Thanks I have heard back from Jimmy and the cost is £300 including collection & delivery which is very competitive I think.
Allan

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
£300 is a good deal as you know you will get good 10a cells and capacity will likely increase by 33% as well you could end up with 17ah possibly.