battery stuck in rack

needabike

Just Joined
Apr 7, 2012
Bike: Woosh Santana CD-L (http://www.wooshbikes.co.uk/?santana-cd)

hi forum, any help appreciated.

I have to remove my battery regularly for charging...but often find it is stuck in the pannier mount. as far as i can tell the metal prrongs on the end of the battery are fusing to the battery rack every time they go in.

Is there something i can do about this? is it safe to put lube/oil in the battery connector?

it seems my only alternatives are to break my fingers trying to get it out, or somehow attach a better handler to my baattery for improved leverage.

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
I have the same battery rack but I do not have this problem. Easy in easy out apart from catching the battery after completely removed from the rack. Photos would help to see the problem

Patt

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
put grease in/around the output connector, brass prongs and along the path where the battery slides in/out. The grease also helps to to protect the prongs against sparking and corrosion.

peerjay56

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
Nr Ingleton, N. Yorkshire
It sounds as though the battery carrier (rack) and the power connector are slightly misaligned. Do you have the skills/tools to try adjusting the alignment slightly? If you're still in warranty, a word with woosh bikes is worthwhile.

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
It sounds as though the battery carrier (rack) and the power connector are slightly misaligned. Do you have the skills/tools to try adjusting the alignment slightly? If you're still in warranty, a word with woosh bikes is worthwhile.
This sounds likely, I had a similar problem now cured.
Could you slacken any securing bolts a little whilst the battery is in place then re-tighten before removing battery. This worked for me but of course your fixings will be different.

Dave.

Advertisers