Battery suitability for Bafang 250w Crank Drive

johneb

Pedelecer
Aug 3, 2013
I'm considering purchasing a 36v 17Ah rated 'silverfish' battery which contains Grepow GENS ACE
LiNiMnCo2 cells. The vendor states that the BMS is rated at 20A continuous, but can't give me a peak discharge figure. I plan to also purchase a 250W Bafang BBS-01 crank motor, but as I don't yet have a good understanding of the technology of these items (and seem to recall reading that this motor's peak demand can be well above 20A), I'd be very grateful for advice from more experienced members as to whether this battery should be up to the job. I don't want to see an investment of several hundred pounds go up in smoke and especially not when it's between my legs!

D

Deleted member 4366

That battery will give all the power you need . A 250w BBS01 is 15 amps max. A 350w one is 18 amps max. I would get one before they sell out. They look like a bargain to me.

johneb

Pedelecer
Aug 3, 2013
That battery will give all the power you need . A 250w BBS01 is 15 amps max. A 350w one is 18 amps max. I would get one before they sell out. They look like a bargain to me.
Thanks d8veh (you've clearly seen the same battery) much appreciated

Advertisers