BBS01 Battery advice

NotWellInformed

Just Joined
Jun 2, 2019
Hi there,

I'm after some advice of what battery to buy for the Bafang BBS01 36v 250w I've just ordered. I like the look of this one:

But it says that the output is 10 Amp. Is that good enough to power the BBS01 to it's full capacity? I don't really understand the numbers that provide the information for batteries performance (volts, Ah, Amps etc). I'd like to try and de-restrict it (any advice welcome on how to do this) and I'm a keen cyclist anyway so will be pedalling a lot.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It utilises LG 3200mah cells probably MH1. The battery will output 20a for 30 seconds so should be ok for a 15a BBS01.
On their own they suffer damage at 10a but you will have four in parallel so will handle the current.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Those type batteries are not very convenient. The connector screws on and is awkward to access. Then, after some time, the wires get damaged inside the connector and short out. None of that is a problem if you never remove the battery. Also, that case design is not very waterproof depending on how well they were assembled and whether they sealed the cell-pack. I think this type is much better.