BBS01 - change from 350watt to 250 watt with programming lead help?

sylkie

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2016
Hi, I have a BBS01 350 watt kit and a programming lead but don't have the know how to adjust it to make it run within legal restrictions, can anyone help? Does anyone have a 250watt kit and a programming lead and could tell me the settings?

I cannot handle really technical info so please please try to speak as simply as possible, I have attempted to get my head round this once before and gave up from there being too many variables and risks, I am hoping there is a simple way to take down the wattage and replicating the 250watt kit...hoping...

many thanks

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
You need a label printer. To be legal your motor needs 250 W stamped on it. That is basically the major difference between the two motors. If you really must you can set the Max Amps to 15 A instead of 18 A. Most people who have 250 W motors have set their Max Amps to 18 A...

You have a labeling problem not a technical problem.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
You need a label printer. To be legal your motor needs 250 W stamped on it. That is basically the major difference between the two motors. If you really must you can set the Max Amps to 15 A instead of 18 A. Most people who have 250 W motors have set their Max Amps to 18 A...

You have a labeling problem not a technical problem.
This is a duplicate thread that has been started in the wrong section.
Here's the current active one.

http://pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/bafang-bbs01-250watt-kit-programme-settings-please.26852/#post-357393

Advertisers