BBS01 cutting out when changing assist level

Steve J H

Pedelecer
Oct 7, 2019
ROMFORD
Hi All
BBS01 cuts out when reducing assist from level 3 to 2, strangely this only seems to happen once per ride. Screen goes blank with loss of assistance for approx 3 seconds then returns to normal with level 2 as selected. Everything works as expected for the rest of the ride regardless of duration. Have checked connections all ok, could it be some kind of programming issue?. Programming is stock as delivered with five levels of assist selected, I have changed assist to 9 levels and will see what happens on tomorrow's ride. This is a recent conversion and only covered 120 miles, no problem for the first 60 miles. Has anyone else experienced this issue or know of a remedy?
Thanks
Steve

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You must have a short or faulty connection somewhere. If the battery cut off the supply to the screen, it wouldn't come back on.

Reactions: Steve J H

Steve J H

Pedelecer
Oct 7, 2019
ROMFORD
You must have a short or faulty connection somewhere. If the battery cut off the supply to the screen, it wouldn't come back on.
Yes I agree the battery supply must be constant, just don't understand why it only happens when assist is reduced from 3 to 2. No other changes of assist will induce the fault, nor will it reoccur during the same ride. I will recheck connections and cables for damage.​
Many thanks​

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The logical things to check are anything that might be disturbed when you go for the shifter or when the shifter's in that position.