BBS01B Programming

Mila

Just Joined
Feb 15, 2017
Southwest
Hi all -first post, I have the BBS01B 250w 36v C965 LCD (3 power levels) conversion kit installed on my mountain bike. The motor seems to have come derestricted so I bought the programming cable to limit it to 15.5mph and have done this bit successfully however when riding now it seems unresponsive with a big delay before it kicks in when using pas and when im using pas and press the throttle there is a massive delay that wasn't there before. I was careful not to change any settings in the program apart from the speed. The first thing I pressed was the read button then read flash and then I tried to save, which it did save to the pc but when trying to load it can't be found. I don't think I changed any settings consciously but now I can't load what I've saved and don't know the factory settings. I should have taken screen shots in hindsight! Does anyone have the factory settings for the BBS01B?
Would be a help!
Thanks

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Er you change the speed limit with the display. You didn't need to touch the pic and settings.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Hi, Are you saying you can adjust the speed limiter just through the lcd display?
Yes I forget how you access the settings. Have a google.
You could also change wheel size to trick the speedo but still have an apparently legal cutoff.

Mila

Just Joined
Feb 15, 2017
Southwest
Yes I forget how you access the settings. Have a google.
You could also change wheel size to trick the speedo but still have an apparently legal cutoff.
Thanks for that, I just found on youtube. I'm going to change the speed back with the cable programming method and then try this and hopefully it will be back to the normal behavior.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The settings below are for my 250w replacement controller came from BMSB. I have since changed parameters.
The 2 that stand out were keep and start current set at 20
&100% respectively.

1. Plug in cable, computer to controller plug.
2. Open program & set com port reading.
3. Turn batt on click "Connect" to receive controller info.
4. Do Not Touch "read write or flash write".
5. In each tab click "read" to down load settings.
6. Make changes then click "write" to upload to controller.
7. Close software & turn off batt to finish.

Basic tab
DSCF0458.JPG
Pedal Assist tab
DSCF0461.JPG
Throttle tab
DSCF0463.JPG

Mila

Just Joined
Feb 15, 2017
Southwest
The settings below are for my 250w replacement controller came from BMSB. I have since changed parameters.
The 2 that stand out were keep and start current set at 20
&100% respectively.

1. Plug in cable, computer to controller plug.
2. Open program & set com port reading.
3. Turn batt on click "Connect" to receive controller info.
4. Do Not Touch "read write or flash write".
5. In each tab click "read" to down load settings.
6. Make changes then click "write" to upload to controller.
7. Close software & turn off batt to finish.

Basic tab
View attachment 17770
Pedal Assist tab
View attachment 17771
Throttle tab
View attachment 17772
Thanks so much!
I'll cross reference these to mine and see if any difference.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The start current set at 100% was reprogrammed to 20% to reduce stress on the controller and the keep current was upped to 70%, set at 20% made hills a bit of a struggle.