BBS02 proper settings for pedaling

11mat11

Just Joined
Jan 22, 2019
We have two motors BBS02 750w 48v, which I have configured for a better drive. But I have a problem where I don't know how to configure the settings. When I'm on the bike pedaling and I stop pedaling for just a moment, it takes quite some time for the "help" to turn on. This is really frustrating espacially when driving up a hill.
When I'm testing the settings on the bike stand and I quickly turn the pedal (for half a turn) the help turns on instantly, but if I turn the pedal slowly, then it takes longer for the help to turn on (ca four turns).
This are my current settings:

Attachments

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
Try altering the 'Start Degree' parameter to 2, the minimum accepted value. This defines the number of PAS sensor magnet passes before power is applied and should make the response a little quicker.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Have you tried upping the start current (50% is max, I believe)

The controller ramps up from the start current, so depending on which PAS display level you are on, it may be only assisting at the beginning of pedal rotation with very low amps. This could be perceived that the motor isn't assisting at all, until the controller starts providing more amps as it reaches the peak of the ramp up.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Has anyone figured out what the 'Work Mode (Crank Speed / Wheel *10)' setting is for on the 'Pedal Assist' page?

See post #5 for reference.

Advertisers