Help! BBS02 reprogramming

peteflyer

Just Joined
Dec 10, 2020
I have tried to use reprogramming software for the Bafang BBS02 but can't get the software to function. I want to soften the performance and derate it because it lights up like a scalded cat even in lowest setting. ( I purchased it on Amazon and I'm sadder but wiser although it performs fine ! )
Can anyone point me to a contact or dealer in the Shrewsbury or West Midlands area who I could take the bike to to have it reprogrammed?

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
When you say can't get the software to function, do you mean the controller doesn't connect with the software?

peteflyer

Just Joined
Dec 10, 2020
Yes that's correct. We can get the image of the program to appear but nothing happens beyond that. I got the cable from a supplier on Ebay and I am sending it back for credit. -- Thanks for responding.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Yes that's correct. We can get the image of the program to appear but nothing happens beyond that. I got the cable from a supplier on Ebay and I am sending it back for credit. -- Thanks for responding.
Did you load drivers for it into your pc, and did you check that the cable was using the same com port as the software?

• Agree
Reactions: MontyPAS

peteflyer

Just Joined
Dec 10, 2020
Did you load drivers for it into your pc, and did you check that the cable was using the same com port as the software?
my son is my
computer operator and he tried everything with drivers and comm ports but after 3 hours on two laptops we couldn't get a comm port to identify. I've read a lot of forum threads about comm ports and decided that either the software needs a nurd to use it or the cable is dodgy so I'm sending it back for credit. I won't do any more for the time being as at least the bike works and I don't want to mess it up.
When you say can't get the software to function, do you mean the controller doesn't connect with the software?
Yes. My son is the computer operter and we have read various threads about comm ports and we just can't get a connetion . I have now sent the Ebay cable back and they credited it straight away so I smell a rat there .