BBS02 Tuning for Muppets....Dillenger Switcheroonie.

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Up till now if you wanted to alter the settings on your BBS02 (or BBSHD) you had to get a cable and laptop along with software but not any more.
Dillenger have introduced a self contained programming box called the Switcheroonie and they recently sent me one to try out.

Its a great bit of kit and has 6 different modes available.
They are---
250W with no throttle and 17Mph speed limit
250W with throttle and 17Mph speed limit.
500W with throttle and no speed limit.
750W with throttle and no speed limit.
Unlimited with throttle and no speed limit.
User set limits which allows you to save the current motor settings.

The throttle is available even when the PAS is set to 0.

I have used this for a couple of weeks now and it works a treat.
Start with the bikes battery disconnected.
Simply turn it on then unplug your lcd display and plug the box in its place then connect your bikes battery
It will read the current settings and then you use the up/down arrows to choose the settings you require.
Press the "tick" button and the program will be loaded and when its finished it will tell you to disconnect the box.
Reconnect the lcd and away you go.

http://dillengerelectricbikes.co.uk/spares/bafang-8fun/switcheroonie.html

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
It`s far from being the finished article, i posted this on ES,

"The real killer version of this would be one that's hard wired into the existing wiring loom. The ability to switch from an `off road/no limit` mode to a fully legal country specific setup with a couple of button presses would be immense.

Unfortunately as i see it at present you have to stop cycling, possibly have to disconnect the battery power somehow??, disconnect the cable controller-display then fit the switcheroonie, upload the mode you want etc etc..

I can envisage situations where you might want to do this as quickly as possible without the need to faff around with cables, battery power etc.... in the winter time, when it`s dark, raining etc ??

a great idea but not just the finished article imo."

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I like the idea, but really, 80 quid to change the programming out on the road :eek:

I rode with the stock Bafang settings, came back, hooked up laptop and tweaked a little. Went out for a test ride, tweaked a little bit more. After my third test ride I had programmed the controller just the way I like it.

As tommie says, limited use in its present form.

What we need is Bafang to release an app, to allow programming from mobiles and tablets out on the road.

Last edited:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union

CrIMiN8l

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 23, 2016
London
OK guys I have a question .. I have a 36v 500w mid drive bafang motor hooked up to a 36v 13amp battery. I think It eats the power from my motor real quick. I pedal most of the way!
If I was to lower the amperage in from 25a to about 20 or 18, would that help? Will it cause any probs on the controller?
Using the bafang program..

spanos

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2011
OK guys I have a question .. I have a 36v 500w mid drive bafang motor hooked up to a 36v 13amp battery. I think It eats the power from my motor real quick. I pedal most of the way!
If I was to lower the amperage in from 25a to about 20 or 18, would that help? Will it cause any probs on the controller?
Using the bafang program..
Simple answer , yes. Massively

You can keep 25a max current but change the individual pas settings. Mine starts at, I think 40%, on pas1 and up to 100% on 9

That’s 40% of 25a . The drain on my 11.6ah Panasonic PF celled battery is very noticeable . Both in terms of sag and also range

CrIMiN8l

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 23, 2016
London
Guys, thanks for your help, Wheeliepete - this was the article I had read through which is why I thought of changing the amps to 18 as a starting point and see how this affects everything.

Then I think there would be no need to change pas settings. Like Spanos said would make a difference Massively.:)

Im sure the article suggests i can do this to my 500w 36v setup.:rolleyes:

Also 1 more question guys, what is a safe the safest cut-off voltage for a 36v 13ah lithium ion battery.

D

Deleted member 4366

31.0v is the normal controller cut-off for a 36v battery.

Advertisers