BBSO1 diagnosis?

flik9999

Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2016
london
Just posting details of my old bbso1 that died.

It shows no life with the controller of throttle. When you connect the battery it jerks and moves the chainring by 1 tooth. Nothing else happens.

My electrician mate opened jt up and told me it had a short circuit but he couldnt figure out where. Do the motors themselves break much or is it likely the controller.

Wires from battery show power.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Nearly always the controller are at fault.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Blown MOSFETs in the controller. You can buy a complete new controller as a spare part. It's only held on with three screws, though you have to take off the chainring to get at it.

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
Just posting details of my old bbso1 that died.

It shows no life with the controller of throttle. When you connect the battery it jerks and moves the chainring by 1 tooth. Nothing else happens.

My electrician mate opened jt up and told me it had a short circuit but he couldnt figure out where. Do the motors themselves break much or is it likely the controller.

Wires from battery show power.
classic controller issue. hills on low power assist or full on in high gear? throttle soaked in rain?

flik9999

Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2016
london
I left it in a shed last year for a few months then it stopped working.

I was to be honest ragging the hell out of it. I was only running 250w but getting 28mph out of it on 46x11.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Speed isn't a problem for any electric bike. Slow is what damages them, so no need to feel guilty.

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall

I was to be honest ragging the hell out of it. I was only running 250w but getting 28mph out of it on 46x11.
46volt battery u mean ?.the bbs01 is designed for 36v ,you probably blew the controller. You would expect it to go while in use tho. one of my bikes ,a hub motor with the generic chinese controller. i pimped up the shunt to get more power.it worked fine for some time. one day i stopped for a few minutes,went to ride off again and it was dead.same symptoms as yours would just hum and a tiny jerk but dead. A fet had blown in the controller.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010

As others have said, cooked controller. 46t x 11t at 28mph will result in the controller running at maximum. After replacing the controller, you should consider dropping that chainring down to a 42t. Will shave a few mph off your top speed, but will be easier on the controller.