Befang 250w for my hybrid bike ??? Newbee help

Robert Doyle

Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2014
Hillsborough Northern Ireland
http://www.bmsbattery.com/ebike-kits/574-bafang-250watts-front-driving-qswxk-motor-e-bike-kit.html

Hi all
The link above is to the bike kit I was thinking of buying ! I bought my first bike in 20 years a few weeks ago it's a hybrid bike Carrera sport 20" 21 gear quick release wheels 26" v brakes from halfords ! I'm 38 and I'm a bit over weight and unfit , I'm doing around 7 miles to my destination and 7 miles back a few times a week I'm looking for a cheap electric kit that would assist me greatly on my journey to a nod especially back , on the way there it's mostly flat and about 3/4 mile down a 18% gradient on my way back I'm sore , just thought this kit looked alright it's a befang 250w front wheel kit with 36v 10.4 Ah bottle battery and LCD controller , anyone had this kit ??? I'm tempted ! It is cheap it's a whole kit , and I could trick my bike out !
I'm herring good things about befang and I want to stay legal but I was wondering if anyone knows If this kit is unrestrictable ? For off road obviously , I'm in uk ,
I'm hoping this kit is suitable for my bike , any suggestions or comments would be appreciated !
I'm new to forums so not up with lingo , and stuff , please don't burn me lol
Cheers guys
Robert

D

Deleted member 4366

The kit's pretty good. It's not restricted, but the motor has its own natural top speed that could be anything from 15 to 20 mph. They''ll tell you that it's 201 rpm (15 mph), but it could e anything up to 250 rpm. You set the speed limit in the LCD, so you can still have exactly 15 mph if you want it. It works out at £332 including shipping. Expect to pay £40 to £70 duty, which brings it close to the Cyclotricity kit at £450 (with the necessary LED control panel). I think that the sensored MXUS motor in the Cycltricity kit is better. It's smoother and quieter.

The advantage of buying from China is that you can get higher power, faster, lighter or anything else special kits and/or better batteries, but for standard 250w kits with bottle batteries, the price difference is so small that you might as well pay slightly more and get a guarantee.

Reactions: Robert Doyle

Robert Doyle

Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2014
Cheers for the reply d8veh !
I looked at it again there and it worked out at £210 around that for the kit , i put it in my paypal to see what the delivery charge was and it said free delivery but I didn't complete the order , I was just being nosey lol but so what do they do ?? Do they send me a bill for £122 shipping after purchase ? I'm confused because there's no thing to work out postage to my address on the site , I'm in hillsborough Northern Ireland bt266js were sort of rural you can look at my post code on google maps , I've a shop 2.6 miles away ant the other way it's 3.1 miles to the other shop so would be handy for me for running to the shop for miner things , Il wait until there live help is on and ask about postage ,
Did you have a similar kit sent from them ? Would therefor become where about the same postage as you got and I would have an idea ,
Do you think that kit would definately suit my bike ? I'm fond of the bottle battery's it's more stealthy looking on your bike I think and I can put the controller in a pouch ,
Cheers d8veh

Robert Doyle

Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2014
Your exactly right mate the postage works out at £122
I still like it tho mmmmm my heads melted do you think it would be good on my bike , I would love it to be nice and stealthy with removable bottle so I can charge , that's my dream lol

D

Deleted member 4366

The Cyclotricity kit has the bottle battery too. £100 extra for the LCD seems too dear to me. £50 for the LED panel is just about bearable.

Any kit would fit your bike. If it were mine, I'd probably use the opportunity to add a front disc brake. Do you have a mount for one?

Kramer

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2013
If it were mine, I'd probably use the opportunity to add a front disc brake. Do you have a mount for one?
I also have a v/brake set-up, and have the requisite mount. Would a cable-operated disk brake be sufficient? I've never ridden any bikes with anything other than rim brakes before.

wehey

Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2014
Upload you photos
Go to the photo you want to upload
Copy and paste the arrowed text into the pedelectrics reply box

Robert Doyle

Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2014
Hi d8veh
I was looking at the kit I think you were talking about ,
http://www.cyclotricity.com/electric-bike-kit/

It doesn't do a 26" wheel with the kit and it would be £549 with LCD /peddle assist before delivery and £499 with led

The befang kit comes delivered for £332 with LCD display and pedal assist with 26" wheel

http://www.bmsbattery.com/ebike-kits/574-bafang-250watts-front-driving-qswxk-motor-e-bike-kit.html

Do you know which throttle would be best for me by looking at my pics
Cheers mate :)
Rob

D

Deleted member 4366

The plain half throttle will fit the best. You might be able to fit in a thumb throttle with leds and red button. Get one of each as the cost is very low.

I thought the Cyclotricity kit was £399 + £50 for the LED panel. Maybe it's gone up or I got it wrong.

If you go fo the BMSBkit, don't forget the duty. You will definitely have to pay something - probably about £70. You should add to your order a pair of the hidden wire brake sensors because you can't use the kit's brake levers. You should also get their $1 spoke key to save a lot of messing about later, and finally, if you don't already have a BB tool and crank puller, you should order them now from Ebay. You can find them together for about £6.

D

Deleted member 4366

You need to remove the cranks and bottom bracket assembly to fit the pedal sensor.

I forgot to mention that you should also get a pair of their torque arms to take some of the strain of your forks. They don't look very strong.

Robert Doyle

Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2014
The vids of the cyclotricity kit on YouTube look really good , just the extra maybe 5 miles per hour would come in handy when off road and the price difference is a lot , also I like that the battery is 10.4 Ah instead of 9AH and LCD comes with it too , do the spokes tend to be loose on the kits ? Or as just a precaution better that you have a key anyhow ,
Yea I was wondering how I was gonna work out the brake sensor cheers for that one d8veh :) cheers