Behind the scenes in a Local Bike Shop, Specialized Levo and Kenevo at Berkshire Cycles

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Very interesting that Specialized will allow them to stock batteries and motors to allow them to offer a quick turnaround on repairing faulty bikes. CS rules in this modern world, it's about time that others woke up and followed suit.

• Agree
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I remember watching this the first time around and laughing at the 16.35 point

"We may start Sunday morning with six motors, in the finish, we haven't got any. There is Specialized reliability for you. :D

Also, why should a dealer be having to modify stock bikes to make them useable. PDI yes, modify no.

Five of my friends have bought Specialized, and one by one, they have got shot of them.
edit.. I should also add that all five have given up altogether with eMTB's, and have gone back to riding mtb's, as none feel that the technology is there yet in respect of reliability, and didn't want to own one after the warranty period had expired.

Last edited:
  • Informative

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well the motor is made buy brose so the warranty is with them all Specialized make is the frame and the rest like the motor is sourced from other company's with there own warranty for each part on the bike.

like if the frame snaps in half ur not going to get warranty from brose are you ;)

but it does show you what hassle you can get from a dealer that just shifts boxes to one that does a decent pdi check in the first place like check the cassette is on pmsl or the rear horse link bolts fall out at random like on my bike tho fixed with lock tight and cable ties just in case.

all we need to do now is find that brose skip full of broken motors pmsl :rolleyes:

• :D