Best hub lube

WheezyRider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2020
The grease used in most hub motors I've had is of poor quality and is often not applied adequately inside the hub.

The best thing I've found for lubricating hubs is Magnalube:

It makes the hub run very smoothly and it also seems to reduce noise. Has anyone found anything they think is better?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The grease used in most hub motors I've had is of poor quality and is often not applied adequately inside the hub.

The best thing I've found for lubricating hubs is Magnalube:

It makes the hub run very smoothly and it also seems to reduce noise. Has anyone found anything they think is better?
You have to be careful what type of grease you use. Mineral based greases are generally not suited for plastic gears because it gets absorbed and makes the gears increase in size over time. you should always use grease that specifically says that it's suitable for plastic gears.

WheezyRider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2020
You have to be careful what type of grease you use. Mineral based greases are generally not suited for plastic gears because it gets absorbed and makes the gears increase in size over time. you should always use grease that specifically says that it's suitable for plastic gears.
Yes it's important to be aware of chemical compatibilities. Fortunately, Nylon tends to be quite good with mineral oils:

Advertisers