BH Race delux 2009 model

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Reviewer:D8ve

Purchased From:eek:rigional buyer who got from oncycle.

Purchase Price:sub 500

Time Owned:two weeks, 150 miles

Local Terrain: / Moderate Hills / Very Hilly

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Strengths: a proper road bike with a panasonic crank drive added. Batt still has 8 out of 10 Ah in it. only weighs 19kg. good looks and fast unpowered. circa 18 mph on flat low power assist makes this 20mph(regeared as per D8aveh).
commute to work either very fast or no sweat. circa 13 mins when a fit lycra takes same time.

Weaknesses:
it was 3+ years old with 3k on the clock. replaced wheels with ones from my hybrid.

Summary:
new wheels also caused regearing. so it assists to around 20mph. did 37 mile trip today from north of bristol to south of bath. ave speed 14mph max speed due to gravity 45.9mph (the hills are long and steep) only used assist in uphill bits and got home with last light begining to blink. I make that roughly 8 watts per mile so excelent low resistance running.
The same cost as a new cheap chinese but way better quality makes for a great bike.
recomend anyone gets a quality second hand over a second rate new.

Overall Rating (out of 10) : er its not shiney new so can i still give 10 even with a battery only doing 80% of new ? :confused:

yes I got one of the best bikes for an excelent price for under £500 10/10 is the score.:D