Bike Buster

Bike Buster

Just Joined
Jun 5, 2020
Myself and my husband have Raleigh Modus e bikes. My husbands is the Grand tourer model and has the Bosch on-board computer Intuvia into which you are able to connect your mobile phone which we use for mapping. Why oh why did Raleigh not put a standard USB connector for mobile phone use. In the past he has used a lead with a standard iPhone connector at one end with a USB at the other and then added a small converter to take the USB end down to micro but they flimsy and have broken. Has anyone found a more suitable option??

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
That's Bosch all over for you they don't want non Bosch stuff to be connected, reason why you can't diy any of there rubbish locked in systems.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
This is a counter-intuitive argument: The micro USB connector Bosch use is far more ubiquitous than any iPhone/lightning connector: Micro USB is THE standard for powering handlebar mounted GoPro cameras or Android phones, with shorter, custom-length correctly-plugged leads easily available - micro USB to lightning cables are harder to find, but are available if you google.

The question remains as to why power-hungry iPhones use pathetically small 1600/1800mAh batteries that constantly need recharging, when, just by way of comparison, my Android is 5000mAh and easily runs for 2 full days cycling with both GPS/mapping and fitness apps running?