Bike conversion kit on budget

Jonal

Just Joined
Dec 29, 2014
Yes, I need an electric bike conversion kit on a budget. A strict budget of $150 or less. Yes that's probably not going to turn up any results, but unfortunately, I can't go any higher.
I hope one of you has some hope for me.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Jonal, welcome to the forum.
You can probably get everything else on that sort of budget apart from the battery. May be one of the vendors here could give you an old battery for nothing if you ask them nicely.

selrahc1992

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2014
Yes, I need an electric bike conversion kit on a budget. A strict budget of $150 or less. Yes that's probably not going to turn up any results, but unfortunately, I can't go any higher.
have a look at hobbyking - for that money one could get an RC motor and some Lipo's - i read somewhere (think endless sphere) that someone did a remarkable solex type tyre driven contraption with a high RPM RC motor..

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
It can be done if you're patient and take time to hunt for bargains, but you need to be prepared to put in the work. My first build is what you are describing (see: http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/11818/) and is still going strong two and a half years later, although I have made substantial improvements since that thread was last updated. Good luck.

C

Cyclezee

May be one of the vendors here could give you an old battery for nothing if you ask them nicely.
As it's Christmas nothing + shipping, but where too?
Jonal quotes $'s as the currency, so if it's overseas from the UK that's the $150 gone already:(

D

Deleted member 4366

Where are you?
How much will be shipping to your country?

Jonal

Just Joined
Dec 29, 2014
Unfortunately, I do live across the pond in NC, USA. I have no idea what shipping would be, but if it is a good deal I would be willing to pay shipping as long as it isn't outrageously high, like saaaayy, $200 (129 BPS)

C

Cyclezee

Unfortunately, I do live across the pond in NC, USA. I have no idea what shipping would be, but if it is a good deal I would be willing to pay shipping as long as it isn't outrageously high, like saaaayy, $200 (129 BPS)
Hi Jonal,
Sorry, but if you are willing to spend $200 just to have a used battery shipped you would be better off sourcing a kit in the US.

In any case we don't ship outside of the EU.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 4366

The shipping cost to send a used ebike kit to USA from UK will cost more than what you can buy a new one for in USA.

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Hi Jonal,
Sorry, but if you are willing to spend $200 just have a used battery shipped you would be better off sourcing a kit in the US.

In any case we don't ship outside of the EU.
I don't think that's quite what Jonal meant. Two countries separated by a common language and all that.

JamesW

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2014
Could shipping be attempted through US forces mail system if OPhas a buddy on a base over here and they don't get paranoid about it? Leave that question for the OP to answer if John is happy with shipping it internal within the UK to a US base?