Bike for conversion

hbentley22

Just Joined
Nov 17, 2020
Hello,

I am looking to do a conversion. I currently have a carrera subway with a bafang 500w rear hub 17.5ah 48v battery, I use this to commute to work occasionally (charge whilst at work) cycle home (25 miles each way) and for fun.

I am giving this to my partner as I've been offered a choice through work of a couple of bikes to take away and I fancied a new.

I've been offered a 2021 SPECIALIZED SIRRUS 2.0 HYBRID or a whyte portabello r7 2020 and would be looking to do the sale set up with a rear hub 500w as I've had so much fun with my other one. My question is
What bike would you advise more to carry out this conversion on? I don't know too much about either bike and cannot find a lot of info on previous conversion on Google on either unlike how I found out about the subway and was confident that it would be a good choice.

Thank you

sp00ns

Just Joined
Nov 20, 2020
i'm not you, but if it were me? the Specialized Sirrus 2.0 2021 with a front hub.

Why?

Steel Forks
not buggering around for ages with the gears due to a hub that doesn't quite match the gearset and allow all the gears to work properly

I'm very shy of Ally, doesn't take a rocket scientist to visualise a heavy rear hub and the amount of force being applied through the rear axle mounts on a bumpy road under power.