Bike Forks?

Clockwise

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 28, 2013
I know some of you buy stuff from crazy china drop shipping places and stuff. Any idea about some cheap forks?

Have some suntour suspension ones but they have rusted to bits as they are the old type that don't come apart to service them.

D

Deleted member 4366

Loads on Ebay. Rocksox Darts if you haven't got too much money.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
One things for sure, if anyone ever needs to claim new ones from BH then don't expect them next day.

It's taken over six weeks for BH to come up with some for my bike, and they couldn't even find them in the original white colour.

El Champiero

Pedelecer
Nov 25, 2013
Bristol
Rockshox all the way for value for money and build quality. Avoid Suntour forks - they are almost all complete rubbish and finding spares is very difficult.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Rockshox all the way for value for money and build quality. Avoid Suntour forks - they are almost all complete rubbish and finding spares is very difficult.
Which model of Rockshox did you recommend earlier?

And guess what, the newly supplied forks are wrong!! BH and Greyville* are both as crap as each other! I really wonder how these jokers stay in business. If I ran my business in the way that some of the cycle industry appears to, I'd deservedly go under very quickly.

* It turns out that Greyville supplied the new ones.

Last edited:

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Thanks for the link Dave, sadly the tube length was 90mm too short, but it gives me a good starting point of what to look at.
The tube appears to be approx 290mm long x 28.5mm. There are also two spacers, so I could always go shorter if it really came to it, but not by much.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

Where are you measuring from/to. 150mm is about normal, and 250mm is an uncut new set. 290mm would convert it into a chopper. Looking at the photos, I'd say a Neo Extreme is about 180mm.

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Why we are talking suspension forks, can anyone recommend a replacement set for my Agattu.
The originals (900 miles) work OK but I'd like more travel now I'm only trail riding it.
like me the trails I'm on are slow and lumpy, so I don't need high end forks.
Like a lot of folks, I'd prefer not to spend a lot ;)

El Champiero

Pedelecer
Nov 25, 2013
Bristol
Rockshox Rebas are amazing forks for the money. I have them on my Specialized Rockhopper Pro (non electric mountain bike). Fox are better quality but you do pay quite a bit more for them. Rockshox are also easier to service than Fox forks. I got XC30s for my Scott but I wish I put another 90 quid on top and got the Rebas - they are so much smoother. You cannot beat adjustable air and oil forks.

El Champiero

Pedelecer
Nov 25, 2013
Bristol
Hi Eddie,

Rockshox XC30s I have. A budget fork which copes with most things. Not really suitable for extended hammering off road on (I have another bike with Rebas on for this) but they certainly do well in most situations.

In another universe compared to shi**y Suntour.

D

Deleted member 4366

Hopefully this might make it clearer. :)

I measured from the bottom of the frame steering tube, up to the top of the handle bar stem clamp.

They are 290mm! It'll be difficult to find replacements. Bad luck!

Clockwise

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 28, 2013
They are 290mm! It'll be difficult to find replacements. Bad luck!
Rather common uncut length, he also has 45mm of spacers so 250mm and a riser stem/bars and he is back in the same position.

The talk of "just £90 more" is a little crazy, my £18 forks will do.

D

Deleted member 4366

I think Clockwise made a good point. It might be a good idea to temporarily remove the handlebars and spacers,and then measure from the bottom to where 250mm comes to. If you have 25mm of bare tube above the head-set,you could use a stem riser to get your handlebars back where they were. If you've got that 25mm, you should be able to use any new set of forks.