Help! Bike frame is Xl need help

Abzy

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2021
So my bike is a scott aspect 960 2021 model it's a Xl frame with 29er wheels but the problem is my height for this bike I'm a 5ft 8 and the bike is Xl which means its for 5ft 10 to 6ft 5,I'm thinking to cut the seat post down a bit so I can reach the floor when the bike is stopped instead of being on my tiptoes also I bought it from rutland cycling and I'm currently waiting on them to reply back to me as I requested them to exchange my bike to a small frame,also could I change my wheels maybe from a 29er to a 27.5 would that help the height of the bike go down? And fit my height requirement?

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Either a small, but probably a medium. and i suppose you could go down to 27.5 but the difference is 3/4" which is nothing really.

When the pedal is at its lowest, your leg should be nearly straight. If it is bent you risk damage to your knees(after some time that is) so properly set, coming off your pedals and being on your tiptoes is normal.
Frames arent just about step-over heights but also distance form saddle to bars. Too stretched you risk back pain, too close it feels, well too tight

Reactions: Abzy

Abzy

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2021
Either a small, but probably a medium. and i suppose you could go down to 27.5 but the difference is 3/4" which is nothing really.

When the pedal is at its lowest, your leg should be nearly straight. If it is bent you risk damage to your knees(after some time that is) so properly set, coming off your pedals and being on your tiptoes is normal.
Frames arent just about step-over heights but also distance form saddle to bars. Too stretched you risk back pain, too close it feels, well too tight
When I sit my spine sort of becomes like a hunchback i can't really sit straight otherwise i can't reach the handlebars and then when I'm coming off the bike esp outside I feel like I'm in danger because I can't really control the bike as when I come off I need to slightly move It to one side the come off it and it does take time but I think maybe cutting the seat post would be helpful for me to atleast get off quickly without having to hit the saddle and lose my balance