Bike not moving when putted on the ground

Yves

Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2020
Hi,
Picture 1 and 2 (With The letters of the freewheel faced towards you): clockwise it pulls , counterclockwise it freewheels. The thread goes from the leftside up to the rightside down, so I suppose this is left threaded? The inside diameter is 3,5 cm or 1,38 inch.

Picture 3 is the opposite side of the freewheel. Here they put on some kind of adapter ( the black part) . The diameter is also 3,5 cm or 1,38 inch. With the adapter facing towards you, turning the wheel clockwise it freewheels, counterclockwise it pulls. The thread goes from leftside down to the rightside up, so I suppose this is right threaded?

I dont have the right tool to determine the tpi. On the internet there are also printable tables available but my printer doesnt work for the moment... :s.
I counted the threads manually on the black adapter as it has the same tpi as the internal thread. There are 5 threads for about 0,5 cm. ( that should give me 25,38 tpi?)

Controller and motor are still working.

Regards

Attachments

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
can you post a picture of the other side of PIC3? the one with the adapter?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the issue is choosing the right hub to install the freewheel on picture 3.
It has normal, righthand thread so should fit a flipflop hub.

Yves

Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2020
the issue is choosing the right hub to install the freewheel on picture 3.
It has normal, righthand thread so should fit a flipflop hub.
Yes i also think so , and what if i find a normal wheel with thread on it? If i flip the Wheel over and I dont use the adapter? ( it could be that i have another bike at my grandmothers place that has not been used for years)

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Yes i also think so , and what if i find a normal wheel with thread on it? If i flip the Wheel over and I dont use the adapter? ( it could be that i have another bike at my grandmothers place that has not been used for years)
if you flip a normal wheel over, it won't be road legal because you can't pedal.
look for a single speed fixie wheel.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
it's mostly standard.
I have only had an odd TPI thread some 10 years ago with a motor on the Woosh Angel but that was just an odd case, had to source the freewheel from the supplier of the motor.

Yves

Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2020
it's mostly standard.
I have only had an odd TPI thread some 10 years ago with a motor on the Woosh Angel but that was just an odd case, had to source the freewheel from the supplier of the motor.
Oh ok !

Yves

Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2020
if you flip a normal wheel over, it won't be road legal because you can't pedal.
look for a single speed fixie wheel.
Hi, would the following wheel work? https://webshop.vlechtservice.nl/en/webshop/wielen-nieuw/a-wiel-622-700c-28/flipflop-xpace-zwart/

They would make the wheel stronger for me as it is a heavy bike.
If I choose a fixed hub, wont the pedals spin if i start the motor? Or is that just the purpose, so that my manual peddeling is supported by the motor?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
If I choose a fixed hub, wont the pedals spin if i start the motor?
you have two freewheels, the normal freewheel on your right works like a single speed freewheel, the one on your left is driven by the motor. When the motor is on, the wheel moves but chain does not have to move.

Yves

Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2020
you have two freewheels, the normal freewheel on your right works like a single speed freewheel, the one on your left is driven by the motor. When the motor is on, the wheel moves but chain does not have to move.
Ok thx, so the Wheel i showed should work?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
yes.

Yves

Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2020
Ok, I got the new wheel I mentioned. The freewheel that was delivered together with the motor indeed fits this wheel.

Only one problem , the freewheel is freewheeling counter clockwise, and is fixed when turning clockwise. I suppose in this case, I would drive backwards when i put the motor on the bike...? So i should need another freewheel?

Yves

Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2020
Hi,

The bike Works! thx @Woosh :)

I have got a flipflop hub. I mounted the motor on the fixed side. Last weekend, I drove the bike in my street ;)

Today, I Connected the pedals with the freewheel with a new chain. I will try out how that works, but I guess that should not be a problem.

Thx guys!

Reactions: Woosh