Bike Rack for Car.

Dogwheel

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 8, 2019
I've just bought a car fitted with a towbar, I'd like to have a Rack for to carry my EBike, can I get a rack to fit on the "Swan-Neck" type of towball? I think it might be a bit expensive to change that to the Two-bolt Flange type.
Regards,
Robin.

Martin56

Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2017
HP3
You're lucky, I had to get a towbar fitted especially so that I could get a bike rack, I got the Thule RideOn 2 which has worked well so far.

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019
I've got this one:-

It fits onto a swan neck tow bar with no problem.
That looks similar to my one which is a Thule VeloCompact 925. Expensive at about £300 but so much better than the cheap one I had previously. It's much quicker & easier to get the bikes on & off plus they are secured far more securely.

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
That looks similar to my one which is a Thule VeloCompact 925. Expensive at about £300 but so much better than the cheap one I had previously. It's much quicker & easier to get the bikes on & off plus they are secured far more securely.
Similar to the 925 but it's the bigger brother, the 933. Cost is £575. Folds up in a different way and 60kg capacity As you say really secure. Although expensive the Thule racks ooze quality and, long term, in my view, worth every penny.