Bike repair scheme on the radio

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Today on Radio 4 You and Yours at 12:30 to 12:45 was a programme about the government's bike repair scheme. Being the BBC, there's a definite anti-government slant, so take what they say with a pinch of salt. Normally, the people they get to take part are chosen left wing activists, like me, not just random innocent victims of government oppression. Has anybody used any of these vouchers or tried to use them? What was your experience?

jokskot

Pedelecer
Jul 14, 2018
Today on Radio 4 You and Yours at 12:30 to 12:45 was a programme about the government's bike repair scheme. Being the BBC, there's a definite anti-government slant, so take what they say with a pinch of salt. Normally, the people they get to take part are chosen left wing activists, like me, not just random innocent victims of government oppression. Has anybody used any of these vouchers or tried to use them? What was your experience?
The facts presented accurately reflected my experience. My local bike shop (lbs) who are registered have had no customers making use of the scheme. I found it interesting that one lbs stated their business is currently less than expected because customers are waiting to get vouchers before arranging for work to be done. How long they may have to wait is anyone’s guess...another job for Dido Harding?

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
The facts presented accurately reflected my experience. My local bike shop (lbs) who are registered have had no customers making use of the scheme. I found it interesting that one lbs stated their business is currently less than expected because customers are waiting to get vouchers before arranging for work to be done. How long they may have to wait is anyone’s guess...another job for Dido Harding?
If it is the £50 voucher offered a month or so ago, realistically what will that cover.
Barely an hours labour let alone parts? Farcical!