Bike upgrade after illness

biffanio

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 13, 2012
Hello All,
I am wondering if someone could point me in the right direction on a couple of matters please?
I have an Ultramotor a2b 26" hybrid.
I have suffered a serious illness where I cannot even peddle an electric bike.
My only option would be to fit a throttle and hopefully a new faster controller to the bike to continue to us the bike off road.
Could anyone please point me in the right direction as to what spec and type controller and throttle I should be looking to buy please?
I have a look on ebay but have no idea if they would work on this bike.
Thank you for any help anyone could offer.
Neil

D

Deleted member 4366

Anything is possible, but, if I understand correctly, the controller is inside the motor, so you have to un-spoke the motor and split it to get at it. Then. surgery is necessary to convert to an external controller.

I think a better option would be to sell it and buy a motor scooter or a bike with a throttle.

biffanio

Jan 13, 2012
Anything is possible, but, if I understand correctly, the controller is inside the motor, so you have to un-spoke the motor and split it to get at it. Then. surgery is necessary to convert to an external controller.

I think a better option would be to sell it and buy a motor scooter or a bike with a throttle.

biffanio

Jan 13, 2012
Hello and thank you for your reply.

Sorry I seem to have posted this on two different threads.

Would you please have time to look at the thread under the technical section?

A guy called Paul seems to think that the controller is within the frame and has posted a video for me.

Many thanks

Neil

D

Deleted member 4366

It looks like there may be an external controller shown in the video in the other thread. Is yours like that?

pdarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 5, 2013
Bradford
www.mybigdaydj.co.uk
Been over to Leeds to see him and ended up selling him a new bike, the A2B is too heavy for him to ride at the moment, so he decided on my 3E electric sport. Was tempted to do a swap (always wanted an A2B), but if I went home with another bike the wife would probably kill me! Nice fella and knew him from a while back!