Bikes available in Canada with pedal assist?

aab1

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2007
Since I doubt I'll ever get the pedal assist back on my bike, I need to start looking for new models or possibly even better bike upgrade kits so I can choose my own bike.

Is there any kit to build your own ebike with a pedal sensor other than the $2000 bionx kit? Otherwise what pre built bikes are available with pedal assist? I would also want a throttle override as my current bike also has (comes in useful when I have chain/gear problems so I can at least get home on battery power, was useful for just this reason many times).

Canadian Cadence

Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2007
You can get the 250 Bionx kit and request the throttle option ( I think it adds about $100.00 to the price)
You should be able to get a package with a 250 Nimh and throttle AND a nice new aluminum bike for under $1500.00 Cad.
You would have the 4 levels of assistance and the throttle for extra boost. The regenerative braking really adds to the braking power of the bike.

I have a 350 on an aluminum Marin and I have yet to find its equal as it fits with my riding style and what I am looking for in an e-bike.
I think that is what it is all about....getting a bike that fits you!
I was checking out the price of a Torq the other day and my set up costs about the same ....I think the prices must be much higher in the U.K. for the Bionx systems.