Bit Miffed with Wisper :-( Fault on Eco 905 *Resolved*

pullenjon

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 6, 2013
So I've recently (January) purchased a new Eco 905 via the cycle to work scheme, which has been great up until 2 weeks ago. The hub has a cover held by only 1 small grub screw, which worked its way loose causing the hub cover to come off. This exposed the motor rendering it useless. Bit gutted as I was 10 miles from home, and had to cycle the tank home under my own steam. You don't realise how heavy these are until this happens.

Contacted the shop who intern collect the old wheel and got Wisper to send me a new one. The new one came fast enough but I found that the electric cable from the hub is on the other side? Its now on the chain side of the bike. The cable will have to tied to the frame but there's not much room due to other cables following the same arm. Also the controller box only opens on the left hand side?

Shop has told me that Wisper confirms that this is the correct 'upgrade' and will be in contact shortly....

Now did the shop send me an old unit or did Wisper slip up and sell discontinued parts?

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Did the shop not offer to fit this for you?

D

Deleted member 4366

Where about in the Midlands are you? Anywhere near Telford?

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Thought that was the case. We are online but would still fit parts to bikes purchased from us. Unfortunately not all shops do this.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
So I've recently (January) purchased a new Eco 905 via the cycle to work scheme, which has been great up until 2 weeks ago. The hub has a cover held by only 1 small grub screw, which worked its way loose causing the hub cover to come off. This exposed the motor rendering it useless. Bit gutted as I was 10 miles from home, and had to cycle the tank home under my own steam. You don't realise how heavy these are until this happens.

Contacted the shop who intern collect the old wheel and got Wisper to send me a new one. The new one came fast enough but I found that the electric cable from the hub is on the other side? Its now on the chain side of the bike. The cable will have to tied to the frame but there's not much room due to other cables following the same arm. Also the controller box only opens on the left hand side?

Shop has told me that Wisper confirms that this is the correct 'upgrade' and will be in contact shortly....

Now did the shop send me an old unit or did Wisper slip up and sell discontinued parts?
Sorry to hear pullenjon,in any case i think it will not be down to Wisper,it well and maybe down to the shop itself, "MAYBE" knowing or not that the part had been discontinued.I hate dishonesty,people NEED to be upfront and as clean as possible at all times. (I'M SORRY IF THIS SITUATION HERE IS A GENUINE MISTAKE).

Mountainsport..

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
If you get stuck I would give Wisper tehnical a call. They offer pretty good advice. Their email support@wisperbikes.com

Last edited:

pullenjon

Feb 6, 2013
Well Ive been told to 'expect an email from Wisper' some time today.

Ill ask them if the newer bikes that have this upgrade also have a different frame to support it.

Thanks for your quick replies all.

Jon

pullenjon

Feb 6, 2013
Called Wisper myself, they knew how I was. The solution is just use the cable ties provided :-S

Apparently the Eco was the only bike to have the electrics come out on the left hand side.

Word of advice would be, check your Eco 905s have a tight grub screw...

Im still not too happy, but if it works it works...

D

Deleted member 4366

If you send me your address and phone number by the message system, I'll come over and fix it for you if you want.

Zebb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2012
If you send me your address and phone number by the message system, I'll come over and fix it for you if you want.
That is very kind of you to go help this guy. Fair play.

C

Cyclezee

Whilst you are at it d8veh, could pop round and fix that annoying squeal coming from the rear of my Merc:mad: it has been to the garage twice, but of course when they test it, it doesn't squeal :rolleyes: Oh yeah, our washing machine vibrates when it spins, can you fix that too? The problem there is a suspended wooden floor, do you have a solution for that:cool:

Thanks in anticipation:)

Old_Dave

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 15, 2012
Dumfries & Galloway
After the above... My garage wall could do with a lick of paint :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 4366

Whilst you are at it d8veh, could pop round and fix that annoying squeal coming from the rear of my Merc:mad: it has been to the garage twice, but of course when they test it, it doesn't squeal :rolleyes: Oh yeah, our washing machine vibrates when it spins, can you fix that too? The problem there is a suspended wooden floor, do you have a solution for that:cool:

Thanks in anticipation:)
I only help those that need it - not those that are too lazy to do it themselves.

pullenjon

Feb 6, 2013
Thanks d8veh! Ill have a pop at it this evening if I have enough light.

Your offer is very much appreciated, however I'd feel much less of a man to ask for help right off the bat ;)

Good to know you are local though... Ill drop you message if I get into a mess.