Help! BMSBattery controller confusion

kaltec

Just Joined
May 10, 2021
Hello oh great pedelec community. I'm in dire need of assistance.

I'm looking to buy a Q128C (500W) or Q100C (350W) 36V rear-hub motor from BMSbattery, as I had a good experience with them some 10 years ago when I built my last electric bike, and the Q motors seem to strike a nice balance between power and lightness. For the sake of discussion let's say that I go with the 500W Q128C motor. Problem is I am thoroughly confused with the controller options, and the controller-display combinations. Can someone help me clear things out and figure what I need to be buying?

I mean, ok, there's the B-series B09P 500W Square Wave controller, which only works with the BMS meters. Pretty straightforward.

But then there are the S-series controllers:
For example, the S06B 20A, which seems to only go with the LCD-TF100 and LCD-TF200 meters.
And the S09PW Torque Simulator Square Wave controller for sensorless motors, which again seems to go with a specific display (S-LCD1). But also the S09P (Torque Sim Square Wave, as well), which "fits all S-series LCD and LED890 meters".
And then there's the S12S 500W Torque Simulator Sine Wave controller for Hall sensor motors, which also "fits all S-series LCD and LED890 meters".
And the S-KU95 controller for the Q128, which only works with the LED810 meter. And the S-KU125. And the S-KU123, which, again, works with the Q128. And the S-KU93. And the latter two I don't know what types of displays they work with.

What are the differences? What does one offer that the other doesn't?
B- vs S-series, square wave vs sine wave, SxxB, SxxS, SxxP, SxxPW, S-KUxx displays, meters, and so on and so forth...

Can someone shed some light on all this for me?
(Or even shed some links I could follow and educate myself)

Thank you all.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Duplicate. Please don't post in this thread.

Reactions: kaltec