Boardman 8.9e or Orbea gain F40

Pete68

Just Joined
Jul 3, 2020
Hello all, I have the opportunity of purchasing one of these bikes cycle to work scheme. With a deal I can get the Boardman for the same price as the Orbea - but I like the look of both. No chance of trying before buying - living where I do. Looking for opinions. I'm erring towards Boardman.

Thanks

Atlav4

Pedelecer
Feb 16, 2020
Both are similar in operation but the boardman battery can be removed for charging and the Orbea is charged on the bike. Make your choice if either is an issue. Please check issues with locking mechanism of the battery on the boardman and water ingress at the charging point for both types. Both are good lightweight, light assist ebikes with the possibility of added range extenders that are available for both models.

Reactions: Pete68

Pete68

Just Joined
Jul 3, 2020
Both are similar in operation but the boardman battery can be removed for charging and the Orbea is charged on the bike. Make your choice if either is an issue. Please check issues with locking mechanism of the battery on the boardman and water ingress at the charging point for both types. Both are good lightweight, light assist ebikes with the possibility of added range extenders that are available for both models.
Thanks for the response they both look classy - I'm not looking for a heavy duty battery - so I think I'll just have to pick one.

Atlav4

Pedelecer
Feb 16, 2020
If budget is a concern then consider the Woosh Faro, about half the price of the Boardman but by no means half the bike , mine is truly purring along, smooth,light handling and gearing just right. To be fair it feels a little ridged for true comfort but this means when trying to put the power down with the legs the bike responds quickly, and the mat black looks great. Sorry just my opinion, let us know your choice and feelings about performance etc.

Reactions: Pete68

Brittas

Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2020
I tried the Boardman . I found it more of an experienced cyclists weapon. Hard and uncomfortable. The assist just helps you out but not by a great deal. Good for assistance up hills. I ended up with a Woosh Rio(17Ah). On level 5 it pulls like a train and is much more a full on Electric bike than the Boardman is. The Woosh Rio is really impressing me on my commute I can put zero effort in if I want to lol.

Atlav4

Pedelecer
Feb 16, 2020
Yeah look like great MTBs and the motor is more powerful than the Faro loving the fact you can sit back and just spin the pedals when your legs are burning, nice to hear from another happy Woosher.