Boardman Hybrid Team + Oxydrive [ build progress / advice / help ]

tombalev

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 17, 2015
Hey everyone. I'm expecting Boardman Hybrid Team to be delivered later this week. I'm also planning to get Oxydrive 13Ah kit, as many of you here suggesting, soon after that. So if you guys mind sharing any tips, tricks, advice what to look for before buying the kit, what equipment will be necessary to fit the kit on this specific bike etc. Any advice would be appreciated!

Ps. the bike will be mainly used for commuting in London with occasional country trips nearby.

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
Hi and welcome,just to let you know if it's not late,but there's a boardman with a Oxydrive kit on eBay the one that was on the Gadget show a couple of months back.:)

Ps,d8evh knows the history of the bike.

rippedupno1

Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2013
Dudley,west midlands
He has tried to sell it 8 times at the last count but was asking way too much money. The last time has not long finished £700 start and no bidders, great bike and wonderfully converted but being too greedy, it is gradually coming down to a more realistic level, keep your eyes peeled as iam sure it will be back on eBay for the 9th time in a couple of days and maybe he will be open to a sensible offer.

Kenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2007
West of Scotland
The Seller ended the auction early this time and that usually means that they have done a deal with someone without going through the bidding process.

Reactions: rippedupno1

tombalev

Sep 17, 2015
Thanks for the tip, but I got an offer on that Boardman which I couldn't refuse, so I got the it new form the shop for approx £420. Should come tomorrow with some additional accessories. I would like to get the oxygen kit within the next 3-4 weeks, so until then I'll try to get all the equipment ready etc. Any tips appreciated :)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I converted a Boardman CX with MX forks the OXY doesn't need any extra's unless you want it perfect, just make sure you have bike tools. I built mine up from scratch so got a matching pair of rims you may want to decide to use your rear rim and rebuild the CST into it, the oxy rim is wider then the Boardman's. The rear drop outs will need 2 or 3mm to be dremelled out so that the axle sits in a bit deeper.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The Gadget show Boardman was converted by d8veh for his friend and forum member Saneagle so the bike will be a proper nice convert and no lash up.

tombalev

Sep 17, 2015
So I've finished the build in the meantime :) but instead of Oxy I went with BBS01 (mainly because of the stock availability of Oxy drives as I needed the bike to be finished asap). So far, so good, just waiting for cable to do a bit tweaking to the controller settings. Btw. any ideas how to hide cables into the frame ? Is it a good idea ?

Last edited:

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Btw. any ideas how to hide cables into the frame ? Is it a good idea ?
hiding excess cable: I'd run the main trunk cable below and inside the front mudguard, wrap the excess speed sensor cable around the chainstay and shorten and tuck the excess battery cable inside the base of the battery.
I notice you mounted your HL battery a bit too close to the seat post, your clothing may get caught between the battery and the chain ring. I would drill a new hole in the aluminium base to move the battery up.
Woosh will prepare your battery mounting and cables to the right length if you email them picture of your bike
http://wooshbikes.co.uk/2015/support/hl-battery-mount-800.jpg

Last edited: