Bosch 2 gen turning off

Znifko

Just Joined
Jan 24, 2021
Hi I am new on this forum. I tried to fix problem myself and no success so that's why I am making this post.

Problem is show here on video

I did few things trying to fix it.
I clean connectors on motor
I put new batteries in display
I try to start it on different battery
I clean battery connector

There was a moment when speed displayed as 0.0 for few minutes and then motor shut down when I was putting back right cover.
Can this be because of faulty speed sensor ?
Thanks for help.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you need to take it to a bosch dealer so they can plug it in to the diagnostic software and see what is wrong as could be anything but does it do the same thing if the sensor is unplugged from the motor.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well it is either a faulty display or there is a problem with the controller inside the motor id take it to a dealer and see if a new display sorts it.

peter might be able to help with the motor if that is the problem but bosch dont sell the controllers so will depend if he has any in his parts bin that still works, it is a long shot bar buying a new motor.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0114_01.JPGDSC_0115.JPG

after you remove the 6 bolts tap the sides with a rubber mallet and you can wiggle it a bit and it comes apart pretty easy if you want to look inside and check the cables ect.

Znifko

Just Joined
Jan 24, 2021
I take it out already and cleaned a bit I notice small mark around PCB and some sign of small water damage on it too

Do you know someone who could try to fix it for me ? Any contact ?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

he is a member here but id send him a email and take it from there as he is the only person that services these motors.

Znifko

Just Joined
Jan 24, 2021
I got repair kit from his website just few weeks ago. I will try to contact him tomorrow. Thanks for help.

Reactions: soundwave

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Advertisers