bosch 400 battery dead ?

mark brice

Just Joined
Oct 13, 2016
bournemouth
Hi all ,just bought a spare bosch 400 battery for my haibike 2016 off ebay ,its brand new never opened ,charged or used by the guy ,took it out the box ,pressed the side button and NO led lights show ,connected it to charger and its not charging at all ..is there a sleep mode these batteries go into if not used if so how do i get it out of it, or has it just been stored for too long at half power and now the volts have dropped so low its unreversable ie knackered ,i think its been stored unused for approx six months cheers mark

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if you hold the button down for 10sec it resets it if it still dont charge then not much you can do, you can not recell them as the bms is locked.

best option is take it to a dealer and have them print out a diagnostic report on the batt and what state it is in.

hope you never paid much for it.?

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Fordulike

mark brice

Just Joined
Oct 13, 2016
bournemouth
if you hold the button down for 10sec it resets it if it still dont charge then not much you can do, you can not recell them as the bms is locked.

best option is take it to a dealer and have them print out a diagnostic report on the batt and what state it is in.

hope you never paid much for it.?
thanks... it was half new price ..if it all goes bad ive got ebay on my side to refund me thanks for the reply ..ill let you know how it goes

Reactions: Andrew Ford

Advertisers