Bosch Active Line Speed Sensor

Deanjay

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 12, 2020
Hi folks! Has anybody had any issues with a speed sensor on Cube bike? Is there a way of telling if sensor is at fault when computer isn’t recording speed? I installed a dongle and now have no speedo reading. Even after uninstalling dongle. It was working perfectly before dongle.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

BazP

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2017
Sheffield
Hi folks! Has anybody had any issues with a speed sensor on Cube bike? Is there a way of telling if sensor is at fault when computer isn’t recording speed? I installed a dongle and now have no speedo reading. Even after uninstalling dongle. It was working perfectly before dongle.
If it was the Badass have you turned the magnet back around and lined it up with the sensor again?

Deanjay

Jul 12, 2020
It’s SpeedBox 3 I thought it might be that that’s caused breakdown of speed sensor? As my bike was perfectly normal before...

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
We don't know what you've plugged in to what. If you connected anything that runs at 5v to the 12v lights, something could blow.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
does it still cut out at 15mph?

Deanjay

Jul 12, 2020
Yes it seems to. And it’s not the answer to my problems. As I still have the same problem without dongle fitted. No speed reading...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well if it is cutting out then the sensor must be ok, what display do you have?

BazP

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2017
Sheffield
This may be a daft question but have you gone through the menu in the display to show speed?
As Soundwave asks, what is the display and what is it showing?

Deanjay

Jul 12, 2020
Guys, I’ve managed to get speed Speed sensor working again thumbed around with the wires, and it’s reading again. So I’m hoping now this speed box will work now and give me what I’ve been waiting for!

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Guys, I’ve managed to get speed Speed sensor working again thumbed around with the wires, and it’s reading again. So I’m hoping now this speed box will work now and give me what I’ve been waiting for!
Watch the Youtube instruction vid this time before fitting it.

Deanjay

Jul 12, 2020
It’s not about me fitting it correctly! I do my research and followed fitting guidelines. It just happened to be a coincidence that my speed sensor stopped working after the chip install!
mit all came down to perhaps some dust in the OE speed sensor pins.

BazP

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2017
Sheffield
"Thumbed around with the wires" is that a technical term? Sounds like they may come un-thumbed again to me.