Bosch bikes under £1600??

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
If you know of any can you post links below please and if you have time / experience jot a few comments on each one? want a silent bike if possible?

I have decided to try and find a Bosch lighhtweight ish one (21kg or under) and failing that resort to Plan B...... Oh has to be new so cycle to work pays £1000 and I pay the rest.

Thanks

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
EddieO is the expert on all the Bosch powered bikes available, especially the lower priced ones but as he's been banned he cannot help and you can't search his threads on this subject via his member listing.

I've done a general search for you under Eddie's forum name and this is the listing of his Bosch posts

The second thread down on this link appears to be just what you've asked for, but most not here in the UK. Eddie favours buying direct from Germany though, and has done so successfully on an AVE model. It often saves money doing that.

hech

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2011
argyll
Yup, Eddio, rude sod that he is, was always a good resource for the forum and helped us keep in touch with the ebike scene in Germany, a much healthier and innovative ebike friendly country altogether. I'm sure he helped a number of people down south sourcing bikes and parts from the continent.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Flecc....not that it really matters but I think Eddie puchased his AVE bike from Ebco,the UK AVE distributor.
D8veh....that first Kreidler bike at less than £800 is really cheap? I must say I find it a strange looking bike but at that price must be a good deal.
Dave
Kudoscycles

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Flecc....not that it really matters but I think Eddie puchased his AVE bike from Ebco,the UK AVE distributor.
D8veh....that first Kreidler bike at less than £800 is really cheap? I must say I find it a strange looking bike but at that price must be a good deal.
Dave
Kudoscycles
Dave is correct as Eddie mentioned AVE UK prices were same as Germany!

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Certainly alot of choice with Bosch bikes now!!

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
Certainly alot of choice with Bosch bikes now!!
Yea and there all rubbish :D

Ducks looking for Eddie

oh hes not here any more :D:D

PS for newer members this is a joke at poor eddies expense those who have been around a while will get it

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Dave
Kudoscycles
Thanks for the correction Dave, on reflection it may have been a previous model he bought direct (KTM?).

Eddie's broadband is down at present so I won't bother asking him.

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
I am sure you right there Flecc definately recall him mentioning buying a KTM from abroad!

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
I am sure you right there Flecc definately recall him mentioning buying a KTM from abroad!
I know when I first joined here he has a KTM Macina as it was in is sig. He never really talked about it much and then one day it was gone and he was talking about gEtting a folder (and eventually got the AVE). He also definately seemed to imply he had bought at least one bike from Germany so I guess it was the KTM.

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
I read a thread fm him that he was getting rid of the Macina as crossbars didn't suit his missus?

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
So mucho bucks for lowest spec Bosch bike on cycle to work scheme also (ktm?) with no lights or rack

VERUS

Kahlkoff aggattu c8 Impulse hs but medium frame only supplied.. At £1595 and cycle to work factored in? BUT that is sale price ending midnight tonight (I always have dilemmas!!) so that will go up to £2195 tomorrow I believe?!

from the above choice which would you choose? Why?

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
Ktm macina HS £1900. With c2w. £1000

Or

AVE sh9 - £1900. With c2w £1000

Or

Haibike qe trekking £2100 with c2w £1000

Or

Scott e-venture 30 (maybe still available but been in shop 1 yr). = £1600 no c2w

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
Scott e-venture 30 (maybe still available but been in shop 1 yr). = £1600 no c2w
Check with the shop on the no c2w assumption and whether they participate in the programme - provided that the employer is invoiced for the sale price for the bike then from a tax point of view it is still a qualifying cycle to work purchase by them and the price paid (not original RRP) will be the one which is relevant for computing hire charges and the discount permissible for final sale to you at the end of the hire period without giving rise to a benefit in kind.

This guidance in HMRC's manuals is very useful on their approach to acceptable final value transfers :

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/eimanual/EIM21667a.htm

Point was some retailers exclude sale bikes from cycle to work schemes which is a bit of a silly ploy to try to push people to buy new model bikes through the scheme because they know employees are getting a good deal but not all are this devious or unfair as to try to cash in on the savings which in the end are an arrangement between you and your employer. Whether they sell a bike to an employer under c2w or to an employee personally to own from the outset they still sell a bike.

Last edited:

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
The place selling the Scott say their policy is not to provide c2w on sale bikes. Nor delivery on. C2w bikes. In fact they are trying their best not to sell me the bike! Their last chance monday but if you assume no c2w. Therefore all bikes seem to be the same cost to me ...?

bearing that in mind which bike best do you think of these and why?

GORDONAL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2009
sunny Powys(Wales),Spain
You are the best person to answer that Wissy , its a lot of money to spend and not try all of them (and maybe more) I don't know where you live BUT make a pleasant weekend and go investigate the merits of the bikes AND the dealer .

Alan

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
bearing that in mind which bike best do you think of these and why?
rewind

You really should try some bikes before making your decision. Yet again probably nothing wrong with any of these bikes but that does not mean that they are any good for you.

rewind

You really should try some bikes before making your decision. Yet again probably nothing wrong with any of these bikes but that does not mean that they are any good for you.

rewind

Oh well I guess its your money but if you dont want to listen why do you keep asking.

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
Don't people ask about the reputation and quality of bikes before trying them??!! Why the big objection to me doing so?

I have said before I am not trying any bike before so get used to it?

Feel free to give any advice on quality and reputation or experience of each bike. THAT would be appreciated.

To those who keep telling me to test a bike please don't bother. I am buying one of the above bikes on Monday and just to annoy sceptics who do not want to provide constructive advice or simply press 'like' to threads where individuals admonish me i wil now toss a coin to decide !!

No offense meant to you Alan x
Ps it will not be a Bighit ;)

Last edited: